[xs_avatar]
Dragnipur Dragnipur no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: jul 2016
Modelo de smartphone: Vodafone Smart Prime 6
Tu operador: Movistar
Vodafone Smart Prime 6 (VF-895n) MIUI 8 Port - 6.0.1 "Experimental"

Hello,
This is an expermiental port of a MIUI 8 ROM (originaly for 7044x) to our Vodafone Smart Prime 6.
If you want , you can try it. It boots, runs pretty smooth, has some bugs, ...
I am no developer, I'm just trying to make something work for our device, so:
- I would appreciate, if someone more experienced could tell me if it is worth working on.
- If someone could try solving the bugs (I do mostly have very little idea as of what to do - so I search internet and try )
- If you could report, how it is working for you with all the pros and cons.
- I can not promise any progress as of now
- I hope, that I did not break any license or any other rules - if so, let me know and I will try to delete or modify it.

So it is ported from a 6.0.1 MIUI 8 ROM developed by guys here 7044x.cf - originally for Alcatel Pop 2 (5) Premium. I used stock debloated VF-895n ROM as a BASE. If you desire more info, let me know.

LINK

V1 (Kernel 3.10.49): https://ulozto.net/!z6NStwXnCSYe/miu...-vf-985n-2-zip

What works
- It boots
- Wifi
- Mobile networks
- Bluetooth
- Sensory buttons (but without vibration feedback)

Bugs
NFC
- probably not working
Camera
- Camera does not work (Error: Can't connect to camera)
- - - - that is the thing I am trying to get working the most right now, but I had no luck so far --> any advice appreciated
- Flashlight - turns itself off after cca 3 seconds after turning on
Performance
- Laggy initial setup
- General performance - slow
- - apps are taking long to open (as reported by joaocandeias)
- - - original apps are loading quite fast and the UI is mostly smooth with smooth animations and multitasking; navigation in web browser is slow, so is openning keyboard, anywhere, where needed
FM radio
- not working
UI
- Settings app fc (once so far - as reported by joaocandeias)
GPS
- GPS is working - fixes location and follow movement accurately, but only with the screen on.
Other
- Phone recognises headphones but the sound still comes from the speaker (as reported by joaocandeias)
- - works all right for me (might still look into that ;) - Dragnipur)
- Only available languages are English, Russian, Chinese - I didn't realize, that was a problem, but if the time allows I will try to do somethink about it
- For some reason, the MIUI thinks that the phone features 4000mAh battery

V2 (Kernel 3.10.72): https://ulozto.net/!EGPptlwiUvzx/miu...el-3-10-72-zip

Works
- same as above
- FM radio works

Bugs
- the same as above
- rear camera still not working - I really do not know what to do about it. :/ (Maybe update kernel drivers ??? from vodafone source - but do I know, how to do that? Sadly no ) Any advice?
- The initial setup is very very laggy - especialy when setting up google account. But then - after setup - restart --> the system is pretty smooth (though not yet really fast

Credit goes to:
- devs at 7044x.cf for the MIUI 8 ROM
- Nitesh Prasad for the Guide I roughly followed (http://www.osbusters.net/2015/11/how...artphones.html)
- Neo@zion for the Base VF-896n DEBLOATED and CLEAn ROM (http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1168632)
- and some others for minor fixes (when I remember, I will add them)
- And many thanks to people testing, reporting bugs, giving advices, suggesting and implementing improvements: joaocandeias

- If you feel, like I misused your work, please let me know - I will modify, delete, give propper credits, ...

I am currently studying for internal medicine state exam, so if you feel, like I am not giving enough time and attention to further updates and ROM debuging, try picturing me nose deep in my hepatology or maybe rheumatology book .
---> and in the meantime maybe you may find the solution to a bug or more --> (That would be awesome)
Take Care

Última edición por Dragnipur Día 27/01/17 a las 23:02:55.
Responder Con Cita
Los siguientes 2 usuarios han agradecido a Dragnipur su comentario:

Viejo 24/01/17, 20:12:47
Array

[xs_avatar]
joaocandeias joaocandeias no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: jun 2016
Modelo de smartphone: Voda. Smart Prime 6/Xiao. Mi Pad 2/Galaxy Ace Plus
Tu operador: Vodafone
Great Work my friend!!! Will try asap

---- edit ------
After about 30 minutes testing i found the following bugs
Laggy initial setup and general performance (it takes forever to open an app or just clicking on something)
FM radio is not working
Torch turns itself off after 3 seconds
Settings app fc (happened once)
I think that GPS is not working
Phone recognises headphones but the sound still comes from the speaker

(suggestion: After you fix the most important things, you could try to add more languages from other MIUI roms such as xiaomi.eu. But with their permition, obviously)

I think that's all.
The rom is not usable right now, but i hope that someone can fix all the stuff in the future, that would be excellent. If you need help with testing, and feedback just ask me ;)
In my opinion this is a good start, thanks for the rom

Última edición por joaocandeias Día 25/01/17 a las 12:31:01. Razón: Feedback
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 24/01/17, 22:37:27
Array

[xs_avatar]
cukimajom cukimajom no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: may 2016
Thank you! I will try it this week!
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 24/01/17, 23:54:24
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Re to: joaocandeias

Thank you very much for trying and testing the ROM.

Laggy initial setup and general performance (it takes forever to open an app or just clicking on something) -- true, the initial setup is laggy, then it gets quite smooth for me in the UI and original apps; other apps and web browser are taking long to start and are the opposite of snappy
FM radio is not working -- true
Torch turns itself off after 3 minutes -- true
Settings app fc (happened once) -- did not yet happen to me
I think that GPS is not working -- migt not be, didn't do a propper test
Phone recognises headphones but the sound still comes from the speaker -- thats wierd, that did not yet happen to me. I have tried Sony in-ear headphones and no-brand pc speakers and it worked correctly

(suggestion: After you fix the most important things, you could try to add more languages from other MIUI roms such as xiaomi.eu. But with their permition, obviously) - yep, will try (if I find out how )

The rom is not usable right now, but i hope that someone can fix all the stuff in the future, that would be excellent. -- Yeah, I hope for that too
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 25/01/17, 14:00:09
Array

[xs_avatar]
Fabyo Fabyo no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Modelo de smartphone: Smart Prime 6
Nice!!!
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 27/01/17, 23:21:32
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Hi,
so I tried to use the kernel 3.10.79 that was originally developed for the rom by devs at 7044x.cf.
- It runs pretty smoothly - though it is not snappy (after the initial setup and google account setup, which is very laggy)
+ the only real upside so far is the FM radio working

Sadly I had no luck getting camera to work.
- tried using
- - original, MIUI v7, stock, ... libs,
- - Lenovo camera app, Motorola cam app for MIUI (where front camera actually worked)

Would anyone be able to come up with working idea?

Vendor (alcatel - smart prime 6) source code:
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files

MIUI 8 for 7044x open source code:
- https://github.com/stripalov
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 00:09:08
Array

[xs_avatar]
DoodeeDoo DoodeeDoo no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: ene 2017
Modelo de smartphone: VF-895N
 Cita: Originalmente Escrito por Dragnipur Ver Mensaje
Hi,
so I tried to use the kernel 3.10.79 that was originally developed for the rom by devs at 7044x.cf.
- It runs pretty smoothly - though it is not snappy (after the initial setup and google account setup, which is very laggy)
+ the only real upside so far is the FM radio working

Sadly I had no luck getting camera to work.
- tried using
- - original, MIUI v7, stock, ... libs,
- - Lenovo camera app, Motorola cam app for MIUI (where front camera actually worked)

Would anyone be able to come up with working idea?

Vendor (alcatel - smart prime 6) source code:
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files

MIUI 8 for 7044x open source code:
- https://github.com/stripalov
Did you try that source with android 5.0 or 5.1? If you did, does the camera work?
If it does, tell me which source of that list is from Smart Prime 6 (VF-895N)

I'm getting started in android programming (while I'm a programmer (windows/linux) i never did something big for android).
So I think we gotta know what model/driver is the camera and find one for android 6
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 00:47:50
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Hi DoodeeDoo.
Did you try that source with android 5.0 or 5.1? If you did, does the camera work?
- I did not use the source provided by Alcatel. I do not posses the knowledge of working with the source code. So I merely tried porting the ROM using already compiled PORT ROM (originaly for 7044x) and a BASE ROM (which I chose to use stock debloated ROM by Neo@zion (Which is 5.0.2)).
- The best result I had gotten in the end was using the 7044x kernel and almost whole boot.img file (while only replacing the boot.img-dtb file from BASE boot.img, to ensure that it boots)

If you did, does the camera work?
- Then - without any libs replacement - the front camera works (but is not easily accessible - as it automatically tries to open the rear one) - tested with Motorola camera app and AIDA64
- For the rear camera I tried replacing libs (system/vendor/lib/ (all the files starting with ‘libactuator, libchromatix, libmmcamera’); system/lib/ (libmm-qcamera.so, libmmcamera_interface.co); system/lib/hw/ (camera.msm****.so))
- - I tried using the libs not only from 5.0.2 Debloated Stock ROM, but also from CM12.1 (5.1.1) and with high hopes also from MIUI v7 ROM (5.1.1) but sadly without success
- - - but after replacement, the front camera was no longer recognized by the system (in AIDA 64)
- I currently have no time to try replacing the files one by one.

If it does, tell me which source of that list is from Smart Prime 6 (VF-895N)

- source code by Alcatel can be downloaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/alc...ar.xz/download

So I think we gotta know what model/driver is the camera and find one for android 6
- Yeah, I thought so too. My abilities dont include messing with the drivers, but I tried to find out what chip is used in the device and whether any other device utilizes the same chip while running Android 6.0. - then I wanted to try to use the libraries from that device.
- The problem is, that I could not find the type of sensor used in VF-895n anywhere on the internet and AIDA64 and other programs dont know either.
- It is also wierd (maybe only to me) that the rear one does not work using the libs provided in 7044x ROM, which should most likely use the same hardware (it has the same screen, the same front facing camera, RAM module, battery, - It does not feature NFC though)

Hope that it helps.
Take care,
Dragnipur

Última edición por Dragnipur Día 01/02/17 a las 01:10:06.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 00:59:17
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Hello
Currently my Prime 6 is with the screen broken, by now i'm using a Smart Grand 6, so I only can test it tomorrow with my brother's phone (it has a Prime 6 too)

That "Vodafone Tab Prime 6" kernel isn't the one for this phone. That is a Phablet or a Tablet (not sure) and the camera is a 2MP at the front of the tab. So if you're using that kernel, the camera wont work for sure.

But if I understood well, you used the whole kernel from 7044x, probably this are the sources: https://sourceforge.net/projects/alc...ar.xz/download
I don't know how you did it, but in the CM 12.1 in this forum, someone tried to use the 7044x kernel and brick it (i remember something like that from last year)

It could be good if someone more experienced in this matter than us could give us an hint, because would be good to create a good clean rom other than stock, as it is really slow in multitasking.
By the way, the CM 12.1 camera from this forum works kinda bad. It first crashes the app, then you can open. Then it crashes, then it opens, and goes like that. That's one of the reasons that I dont use that rom, besides prebuild adblock and spotify not working

So tomorrow ill try to give some news here
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 11:27:04
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por DoodeeDoo Ver Mensaje
Hello
Currently my Prime 6 is with the screen broken, by now i'm using a Smart Grand 6, so I only can test it tomorrow with my brother's phone (it has a Prime 6 too)

That "Vodafone Tab Prime 6" kernel isn't the one for this phone. That is a Phablet or a Tablet (not sure) and the camera is a 2MP at the front of the tab. So if you're using that kernel, the camera wont work for sure.

But if I understood well, you used the whole kernel from 7044x, probably this are the sources: https://sourceforge.net/projects/alc...ar.xz/download
I don't know how you did it, but in the CM 12.1 in this forum, someone tried to use the 7044x kernel and brick it (i remember something like that from last year)

It could be good if someone more experienced in this matter than us could give us an hint, because would be good to create a good clean rom other than stock, as it is really slow in multitasking.
By the way, the CM 12.1 camera from this forum works kinda bad. It first crashes the app, then you can open. Then it crashes, then it opens, and goes like that. That's one of the reasons that I dont use that rom, besides prebuild adblock and spotify not working

So tomorrow ill try to give some news here
If cm12.1 camera Works bad, why don´t you use my rom´s?? Blisspop or PacMan?
Camera Works fine in that Rom´s.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 17:24:00
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por Fabyo Ver Mensaje
If cm12.1 camera Works bad, why don´t you use my rom´s?? Blisspop or PacMan?
Camera Works fine in that Rom´s.
As I said, I broke my phone's screen, and while I don't go repair it I can't use it!
And in that time the only roms around here was the CM 12.1 and the MIUI 7, and both were worse than stock rom

Btw, which kernel did you use? Because seems like the double tap to wake doesn't work with neo's kernel also, and I'd like to make it work because i'm used to it (lg g3)
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 01/02/17, 23:04:08
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Oh right. You don´t have phone right now...
I use stock Kernel, but it doesn´t have Dt2w also...
You can use doubletaptowake if the Rom provides it, or if the Kernel has it built-in...
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 03/02/17, 01:41:58
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por Fabyo Ver Mensaje
Oh right. You don´t have phone right now...
I use stock Kernel, but it doesn´t have Dt2w also...
You can use doubletaptowake if the Rom provides it, or if the Kernel has it built-in...
But I have by brother's phone that I can test some things
DT2W works on stock rom, that's why i said it. I used to use it and it worked ok.

But that's the least thing to worry. Seems like with the stock kernel and the neo's kernel the phone has major lag spikes. As I've noticed in the benchmarks, it has low RAM speed. In the rockchip devices I can tweak the kernel ram speed, but if we can't do on Qualcomm, the phone will be slow anyway.

Still MIUI could improve the phone speed a lot. The best thing we could do is to port a MIUI with Android 5.0.2, since that would work well with the stock kernel (in theory)

I've added here the libs from stock rom. I've tried to get the info from Camera module to get the camera's driver name, but the android only shows me the wifi driver (with busybox) and I can't load the camera driver in ubuntu with modinfo to check the model.

I've been sick and I dont have much time on computer this days. I think that after weekend I can try to do something for this device.
In the meantime, if someone can send me a MIUI rom with android 5.0.2 (or do it yourself) I can check it
And if someone want to colab to do something good for this device, every help is welcome. I'm building a workplace for this kind of thing. Just hit me in PM

Libs: https://mega.nz/#!tkZmACBY!iR5Krv5uG...CkQydbMRlQClEI
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 03/02/17, 02:31:23
Array

[xs_avatar]
RuiCosta RuiCosta no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: ene 2016
Modelo de smartphone: Vodafone Smart prime 6
But I have by brother's phone that I can test some things
DT2W works on stock rom, that's why i said it. I used to use it and it worked ok.

But that's the least thing to worry. Seems like with the stock kernel and the neo's kernel the phone has major lag spikes. As I've noticed in the benchmarks, it has low RAM speed. In the rockchip devices I can tweak the kernel ram speed, but if we can't do on Qualcomm, the phone will be slow anyway.

Still MIUI could improve the phone speed a lot. The best thing we could do is to port a MIUI with Android 5.0.2, since that would work well with the stock kernel (in theory)

I've added here the libs from stock rom. I've tried to get the info from Camera module to get the camera's driver name, but the android only shows me the wifi driver (with busybox) and I can't load the camera driver in ubuntu with modinfo to check the model.

I've been sick and I dont have much time on computer this days. I think that after weekend I can try to do something for this device.
In the meantime, if someone can send me a MIUI rom with android 5.0.2 (or do it yourself) I can check it
And if someone want to colab to do something good for this device, every help is welcome. I'm building a workplace for this kind of thing. Just hit me in PM

Libs: https://mega.nz/#!tkZmACBY!iR5Krv5uG...CkQydbMRlQClEI
By my experience don't think that we have low speed ram here ! I bought my prime 6 at the end of July in 2015 and with all my stuff in it ( at the time nobody knew how to root it ) and Vodafone and also Google's the phone was relatively quick . But after some updates the performance just went down the pipe .
I think that I'm not the only one here with the same opinion !

If we could have in our hand the stock ROM that came with the phone WITHOUT the updates you would understand what I'm saying now .

Vodafone killed the usability of the phone , the multitasking now is super sluggish ( even after I super cleaned up the stock ROM by tripping all the Vodafone crap and Google's too, tweaked the kernel and using Xposed modules to speed up and stop certain system apps from running or scanning during normal use ). It didn't matter what I did ....

Última edición por RuiCosta Día 03/02/17 a las 02:33:29.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 03/02/17, 09:10:51
Array

[xs_avatar]
forart.eu forart.eu no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: abr 2016
Modelo de smartphone: Vodafone Smart Prime VF-895N
Tu operador: Otra
Well, it's very interesting to have Marshmallow based ROM on Smart Prime 6...

Hope it helps other ports too !
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 03/02/17, 10:23:39
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por RuiCosta Ver Mensaje
By my experience don't think that we have low speed ram here ! I bought my prime 6 at the end of July in 2015 and with all my stuff in it ( at the time nobody knew how to root it ) and Vodafone and also Google's the phone was relatively quick . But after some updates the performance just went down the pipe .
I think that I'm not the only one here with the same opinion !

If we could have in our hand the stock ROM that came with the phone WITHOUT the updates you would understand what I'm saying now .

Vodafone killed the usability of the phone , the multitasking now is super sluggish ( even after I super cleaned up the stock ROM by tripping all the Vodafone crap and Google's too, tweaked the kernel and using Xposed modules to speed up and stop certain system apps from running or scanning during normal use ). It didn't matter what I did ....
Olá Rui, acho que já te tinha dito ha dias, mas o prime da minha mãe está com a versão 130ffn e está muito agil com as tretas todas da vodafone e da google. Eu até poderia fazer backup da rom dela, mas isso implicaria ter de lhe tirar o telefone por um tempo, e principalmente apagar as coisas dela... É uma pena porque gostava mesmo de fazer downgrade no meu prime e também disponibilizar a rom aqui para todos que precisassem dela. Talvez um dia destes....
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 03/02/17, 17:53:25
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario poco activo

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por joaocandeias Ver Mensaje
Olá Rui, acho que já te tinha dito ha dias, mas o prime da minha mãe está com a versão 130ffn e está muito agil com as tretas todas da vodafone e da google. Eu até poderia fazer backup da rom dela, mas isso implicaria ter de lhe tirar o telefone por um tempo, e principalmente apagar as coisas dela... É uma pena porque gostava mesmo de fazer downgrade no meu prime e também disponibilizar a rom aqui para todos que precisassem dela. Talvez um dia destes....
You don't need to delete anything. Root and flash TWRP into her phone, then backup:
  • aboot
  • boot
  • system
Should be enough

EDIT: Most people don't believe in the "Seeder" app because it does not do much in high end devices, but you will notice so much increase in the phone's response speed.
EDIT2: I have the 270FFN1 rom and it seems smooth, and they fix the problem where some apps doesn't auto start (not so relevant here but seems like they fixed something)

Última edición por DoodeeDoo Día 03/02/17 a las 17:58:42.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 03/02/17, 19:08:59
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

You don't need to delete anything. Root and flash TWRP into her phone, then backup:
  • aboot
  • boot
  • system
Should be enough

EDIT: Most people don't believe in the "Seeder" app because it does not do much in high end devices, but you will notice so much increase in the phone's response speed.
EDIT2: I have the 270FFN1 rom and it seems smooth, and they fix the problem where some apps doesn't auto start (not so relevant here but seems like they fixed something)
Oh yeah, you're right... But tbh with you i prefer to leave her phone as it is right now since it's under warranty, and if something happens we can still use the warranty without reflashing the rom with sugar ect ect.... Hope you guys understand me.

Btw, what options do you use in seeder app?
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 21/02/17, 09:28:52
Array

[xs_avatar]
sany_bos sany_bos no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: dic 2016
Modelo de smartphone: vf 895n
I see work longer and this Rom, thank doing a good job.
Responder Con Cita

Viejo 27/03/18, 09:15:51
Array

[xs_avatar]
forart.eu forart.eu no está en línea
Usuario poco activo

Fecha de registro: abr 2016
Modelo de smartphone: Vodafone Smart Prime VF-895N
Tu operador: Otra
According to siljaer (the official OnniROM-Nougat for the Elephone Trunk maintainer) we could use 7043-sources for our device too.

So I assume that its customs con be ported too: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry71157566

Última edición por forart.eu Día 27/03/18 a las 09:21:54.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Estás aquí
Regresar   Portal | Indice > Otras marcas y modelos de smartphones de venta en España > Otras marcas > Vodafone > Otros terminales de Vodafone

Hora actual: 12:20:09 (GMT +2)

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Contactar por correo / Contact by mail / 邮件联系 /