Array

[xs_avatar]
beachsun beachsun no está en línea
Miembro del foro
· Votos compra/venta: (1)

Fecha de registro: abr 2013
Tu operador: Movistar

Peticion Fuentes a UrBetter/Voyo

Seguro que con la gente que hay por este foro, como han comentado antes pocos pero de calidad, podemos ponernos en contacto con UrBetter/Voyo para solicitar amablemente que segun la GPL deben facilitar los fuentes y documentación del firmware(probablemente con el Kernel nos baste).

Alguien tiene experiencia en estos temas?
A quien y como solicitarlo?
Con el como quiero decir, documentando la peticion, haciendo referencia de forma correcta y concreta a la GPL, etc...

Venga chicos, que es lo único que falta para poder meterle mano a nuestra tablet!!!

Edito : Hay antecedentes con Urbetter y publicaciones de Fuentes : http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3128...from-urbetter
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:

Viejo 15/11/13, 20:56:05
Array

[xs_avatar]
robepoke robepoke no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: nov 2011
Modelo de smartphone: Xiaomi Red Rice Voyo A15
Tu operador: ONO
Donde hay que dar la brasa ?

Seria un gran avance para nuestra Voyo

Saludos.

Ten siempre tus cosas cuando las necesites con @Dropbox. ¡La cuenta de 2 GB es gratis! http://db.tt/7mwtYzl7
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 16/11/13, 14:20:30
Array

[xs_avatar]
LataDesign LataDesign no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: jun 2012
Modelo de smartphone: Moto G5S Plus
Tu operador: Claro
Sería genial verdad? Especialmente si pudiera servir para corregir los bits de la pantalla y mejorar la duración de batería.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 16/11/13, 23:21:56
Array

[xs_avatar]
jigar jigar no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: nov 2008
Modelo de smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4+ (i9506)
Tu operador: Vodafone
Y si se lo pedimos a la Free Software Foundation? Puede ser que a través de ella nos haga más caso el fabricante, más experiencia que ellos, que son los garantes del open source, no tendrá nadie en estos temas.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 17/11/13, 13:01:35
Array

[xs_avatar]
faddat faddat no está en línea
Usuario novato en la web

Fecha de registro: nov 2013
Modelo de smartphone: Samsung n5100, Voyo a15, Cube Talk9
Sorry for my English-- I considered translating into Spanish, but then decided against it since if you're able to read this it will make more sense that way. If not, sorry that you had to use a translator. So, if I understand the above, you are requesting that Voyo give out its source code so that you all can (BY THE WAY-- GREAT FREAKING JOB ON 10.2!!!!!) continue to make amazing software for Voyo's pretty damn good hardware (BUT OH MY GOD VOYO failed in the software dept, now didn't they???)

Anyway, I live in Jiangsu Province, China. I, too am a Voyo-fan (well actually I think that their support is just god-awful, but the product? I really cannot argue with the quality of the hardware I am overall impressed.)

I've been in contact with Voyo about how they can leverage a fan base and end up with higher quality products because of it. I think that they still have not decided which way to go. Anyway, I speak some rudimentary Chinese, and have geeky chinese coworkers & girlfriend who will help us. If you'd like, please feel free to use me as a resource here. In the end, it is my goal to work with one of the Chinese clone-makers, and help them to develop their business into something genuinely world-class.

I do not know if it will be Voyo or not, but it looks like we have the makings of it. My skype is faddat. My phone number in China is +8618626126079. I'm an American teaching History at an International School in China, and at the moment my interest in tablets is mostly hobby-based. Since I bought a Nexus-7, I realized that I was done with anything that lacked at least a FHD display (I think we can all agree that our beloved A15 should have a few more pixels on its gorgeous display....). My e-mail address is [email protected]. I *totally* want to help.

If any of you would like to use me as a shipper for stuff from Taobao, that's cool, too. You can Paypal me the cost of whatever+shipping, and I'll get it sent out to you. To give you an example of some really cool stuff you can get on Taobao, last week I picked up a bluetooth reciever, and fed that into my Lepai LP202a+ amplifier, and now, when I get home, the sound from my headphones just magically moves to my speakers! Pretty great! (I am not doing this to make $$$$ instead, to raise my Taobao rankings & help people out with really neat stuff from China)
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 17/11/13, 19:11:10
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Well, we are not still requesting anything, we are talking about it, how to do it, where send the request, etc...
Do you have any experience on this?
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 17/11/13, 19:58:45
Array

[xs_avatar]
STEVE_MARS STEVE_MARS está en línea ahora
Vendedor verificado
· Votos compra/venta: (95)

Fecha de registro: dic 2008
Modelo de smartphone: Oppo find X3 Pro
Tu operador: -
We must try to convince Voyo that free source kernel code. For KitKat 4.4 it´s essential, because the kernel must be recompiled or we dont´t have KitKat on our tablets never.
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 17/11/13, 22:59:57
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario novato en la web

When I finish work today I will call voyo. I will let them know who we are and what we need, and that for no cost other than the code, we would like to take their tablet to the next level. They know they have a software problem. I will let all of you know how the conversation goes.

Anything else you want me to mention?

For example, though I am unsure if I will say this today I'd love to see revised hardware that is more refined, probably with smaller bezels, and definitely with a vibrator, better speakers, and dear god...... Three freaking g with calling capabilities. My cube talk9 does that and it is just grand. I am envisioning voyo as THE enthusiast tablet maker, and yes, I am trying to get hired.....
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 17/11/13, 23:14:35
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario novato en la web

Sorry, I missed your post beachsun. I've enough experience with IT here & enough experience in China to know that it's likely that they do not necessarily realize that this is a possibility. GFW, FTW.... Open source isn't really something that's generally understood (They get the FREE part, and of course there are plenty of people who get the WHOLE THING, but this is a big place and in most of the urban areas in China, if you're standing downtown, you're standing in what was an open field 15 years ago.) I know enough to be able to say that they should be receptive.

If not, I suppose we really haven't lost anything. Their Chinese language forums are filled with people begging for new firmware. THe whole thing was really a mystery to me-- how a tablet that's so GOOD in terms of hardware could be saddled with such.... AWFUL software. When mine broke, I spoke to them about it, they seemed to not really get that I was suggesting that they do something about it. (Please remember the Asian concept of "face"-- I am sure VOYO's software people don't even have any "face" left at this point, the ROM came out so badly. I did read in their Chinese language forums that there was difficulty on their end getting some of the source, but I do not know if that was an employee or a customer posting that. The Chinese are in the same position we are when it comes to this machine. (Voyo: When you inevitably read this, this is NOT meant to insult anyone in your business-- just explaining for these people)

Anyway, wish me luck! Hopefully we should know something by about 5PM Beijing time.....

(And again-- I'll pass on whatever people ask me to pass on. Ever since I bought this tablet I have been thinking of the possibility of making a job out of it-- there's just too much room for improvement here, and imagine if there was an A15v2 released in a few months that was EVEN BETTER.... released in a totally mod-friendly way to hordes of screaming modders just dying to tweak the thing....)

PS: History teacher is my 2nd career. IT for a decade before that..... ;). (Actually in some ways like History a lot better.... long story for another time though, got to ride to work!)
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 18/11/13, 07:18:24
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Thanks for your offer. I think better ask urbetter for the sources, as long as they make the hardware and software. It seems that voyo just put his brand on urbetter hardware.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 18/11/13, 18:26:25
Array

[xs_avatar]
jrebix jrebix no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: ene 2013
Modelo de smartphone: OnePlus One
Tu operador: Vodafone
En cristiano, un pequeño resumen de como está la cosa?

Gracias
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 18/11/13, 18:34:12
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

faddat que esta en china tiene que llamar a Voyo para pedirles el código fuente.
Estamos a la espera de el resultado de la conversación.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 18/11/13, 19:50:16
Array

[xs_avatar]
jolocotroco jolocotroco no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: ene 2011
Tu operador: Pepephone

No quiero desanimar, pero Voyo solo se dedica a venta y distribucion, donde hay que llamar es a Urbetter, ellos fabrican y desarrollan y son los que tienen las fuentes. Podemos leer en el build.prop:
eng.albertli.20130606.141934
ro.build.host=urbetter
Pues eso hay que llamar a la puerta de Urbetter y preguntar por albertli, que vas de parte de htcmania y le pides precio por las fuentes , gratis no te las va a dar.

Cita: Originalmente Escrito por beachsun Ver Mensaje
Edito : Hay antecedentes con Urbetter y publicaciones de Fuentes : http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3128...from-urbetter
Esas fuentes no son liberadas ni publicadas por urbetter, son de una placa de desarrollo que ellos venden, las hizo publicas un ruso que la compro. Se realizo un trabajo grandisimo para poder adaptar esas fuentas a la tableta, aqui estamos igual ya que podemos tomar el kernel de arndale que es el que a usado urbetter como base.

Saludos
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 21/11/13, 16:09:37
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Desconocia que no las liberó urbetter... Entonces lo tenemos mas complicado.
Responder Con Cita
Viejo 22/11/13, 18:10:20
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Esto sigue el mismo camino que mi antigua Dropad, en slatedroid ya solicitaron las fuentes a urbetter de la hyundai t7s sin resultados.

Voyo a15, ahora tambien se llama Vatop VT-MID1161 http://www.vatop.com/webfiles_vatop/...t.aspx?HID=348
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 22/11/13, 21:24:35
Array

[xs_avatar]
robepoke robepoke no está en línea
Miembro del foro

Fecha de registro: nov 2011
Modelo de smartphone: Xiaomi Red Rice Voyo A15
Tu operador: ONO
 Cita: Originalmente Escrito por jolocotroco Ver Mensaje
Esto sigue el mismo camino que mi antigua Dropad, en slatedroid ya solicitaron las fuentes a urbetter de la hyundai t7s sin resultados.

Voyo a15, ahora tambien se llama Vatop VT-MID1161 http://www.vatop.com/webfiles_vatop/...t.aspx?HID=348
Hola no se si se sabrá pero dejo el dato también se llama s1101 http://www.urbetter.com/mid/pro_s1101.asp

Saludos

Ten siempre tus cosas cuando las necesites con @Dropbox. ¡La cuenta de 2 GB es gratis! http://db.tt/7mwtYzl7
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 26/11/13, 18:37:33
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario novato en la web

Wowza! Okay, so-- I'm extremely appreciative of the advice. Seems I was likely speaking to the wrong people altogether, and I'm not technically sophisticated enough (Just a very enthusiastic user) to know any better (then again I do actually know what build.prop is and have editited it on my Voyo). Maybe this is why I haven't really gotten anywhere. I am gearing up for another run on this-- Product is just too darn shiny and interesting.

Does anyone own an a18?

Also, I'll just state my ultimate goal here-- if you can help me identify a vendor that's already leaning this way-- all the better! My Ultimate goal is to find a Chinese vendor that really wants to pander to the international enthusiast market and release devices that already have a custom bootloader on them when they're sold, and probably something like AOKP for the ROM loaded, too.

For folks that want a Phone+Tab that isn't too huge, I'm going to toss a plug out there, take it however you want to. These days I've been using a Talk9 as my daily-driver phone+ tab. I teach using my tablet, meaning it gets a TON of use and abuse. Build-quality wise it is by far the best product out of China I've seen. As usual, the ROM could use some work, but I've got to say it's certainly better than my A15's. I am still trying to figure out a role for my a15-- if it were a phone, I'd use it for that, scout's honor-- I really do just want one "thingey/device" and I don't really care how big it is since I always wear a backpack.

Anyway I intend to keep moving up the value chain. There is interesting new stuff being released almost daily here. Does anyone know of sites other than gizchina that track this? Of course willing to use a translator to check them out....

Best regards, all
Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:
Viejo 02/12/13, 13:16:43
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

He conseguido contacto con urbetter, hemos intercambiado varios email, primero me dice > I'm sorry, my side is not a samsung A15 product planning.
Despues y antes de ese mensaje trate de explicar los beneficios que supone para ellos y para los usuarios de sus productos, un dispositivo que este en un foro como xdadevelopers, o oficialmente en Cyanogenmod, ganan en popularidad y calidad, para esto es necesario las fuentes,.....bla bla bla...,
Me contesta > My side is the ARM development board, currently has 4412 samsung A9 android4.0 source code.
Pues con esas le solicito el kernel de esa placa de desarrollo y el contacto para solicitar las de s1101, con esto se termino la conversacion.
Responder Con Cita
Los siguientes 2 usuarios han agradecido a jolocotroco su comentario:
Viejo 02/12/13, 13:32:06
Array

[xs_avatar]
Miembro del foro

Responder Con Cita
Gracias de parte de:

Viejo 12/12/13, 16:52:11
Array

[xs_avatar]
Usuario novato en la web

A31?

I'm going to pile the bad news on. So, a super-awesome person from my workplace eventually ended up calling. Response was a bit like "What do we care what those 老外(foreigners)think? This is how we do things"

So while we all love this machine for the fact that it exists (or at least thats why I like it-- someone finally built the sort of ambitious tablet I had always wanted) without a serious change in thinking, I think that we're stuck here @ JellyBean....

So, your A15 is that much closer to going into the landfill..... Thanks Voyo! Way to go for:

1) Pissing on your fan base, thus cooling their fire
2) Daring to respect that crazy foreign GPL.....
3) perpetuating nearly every negative western stereotype of Chinese business people
4) Showing me that despite the ban on most forms of religion, worship of STUPIDITY can be practiced quite openly!
Responder Con Cita
Los siguientes 2 usuarios han agradecido a faddat su comentario:
Respuesta

Estás aquí
Regresar   Portal | Indice > Foro Tablets / Laptops > Otras tablets con Android > Voyo > ROMs y desarrollo Voyo A15

Hora actual: 16:38:32 (GMT +2)

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Contactar por correo / Contact by mail / 邮件联系 /