[xs_avatar]
Menn Menn no está en línea
Usuario muy activo

Fecha de registro: ago 2010
Modelo de smartphone: OnePlus 7 Pro
Tu operador: Lowi
[OP5T] [OOS 8.0.0/CUSTOM 8.1.0] [4.4.112] [CLANG 6.0] Flash Kernel v3.0X

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 5T. While I am not a super star kernel developer, I do know my way around it. My philosophy on kernels is pretty simple:[list]
  • Follow stable Linux always. Updates will be delivered within 24 hours of their release to kernel.org.
  • Stable kernel rules work best (only add small things when possible).
  • Security and stability are paramount. Vulnerabilities are patched as soon as they are disclosed.
  • Features will be added only as needed (I have a list of things in the FAQ I will NOT add, even if requested).
Hopefully you enjoy

Couple of quick notes: I do not currently own a OnePlus 5T (I own a OnePlus 5) but I have a couple of reliable testers and the tree is unified so there should be no issues. Since the builds are unified, the zip name and kernel version will show OP5.

Important thread information!
  1. I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
  2. Keep things civil, I do NOT tolerate flaming of any kind.
  3. OT is allowed.

Features

NOTE: This list fluctuates with versions, it will not always been 100% up to date

Here are the major features of the kernel (feel free to explore Github)
  • Up to date with OOS (OB2)
  • Custom branch compatible with most 8.1.0 ROMs (see FAQ)
  • Up to date with the latest stable Linux version (4.4.112)
  • Up to date with the latest CAF tag (LA.UM.6.4.r1-05900-8x98.0)
  • Upstream patches from CAF and Linux, focusing on bug fixes/security
  • KCAL color control
  • Backlight dimmer
  • Sweep2sleep
  • Sound control
  • Upstream CFQ scheduler improvements
  • Maple I/O scheduler
  • Wakelock control
  • Accidental touch protection on hardware keys
  • WireGuard support (thanks to @zx2c4)
  • Westwood as the default TCP algorithm
  • Several subsystems converted to use power efficient workqueues
  • Compiled with the latest Google Clang 6.0 toolchain (available here)
  • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet (can still fail through other means)
  • Disables dm-verity
  • Does NOT modify decryption status
  • Flashed with AnyKernel2 (thanks to @osm0sis)

Downloads

Primary: http://nchancellor.net/downloads/kernels/op5
Mirror: https://github.com/nathanchance/fk-zips

Folder descriptions:
  1. alpha: Very likely broken or contains highly experimental patches; should only be run if you want to be a part of cutting edge development
  2. beta: Normal testing build; bootable and has no immediate issue.
  3. rc: Same as a beta but has had no issues for at least three days. I recommend running these when they are out as they will be pushed to the stable folder after a few days.
  4. stable: Same as rc but has had no issues for at least three days. If you are unsure which one to run, just use this one.
  5. archive: Old stable kernels

All issues with any build other than a stable build MUST be reported via Telegram. I keep my development out in the open but I don't let it cross over onto XDA. I do recommend participating as I am quicker to fix issues if I have multiple people testing. I request that you do not mirror my kernels. If the primary site is down, please use the mirror. Navigate to the file you want and click the download button. If you are mobile, tell GitHub to use the desktop version. I don't need posts telling me the primary site is down, it's my build server so I'll know if it is down. Thanks!

Installation

If you are on stock:

(Click para mostrar/ocultar)
If you are on the stock kernel: flash the kernel zip and reboot
If you are on a custom kernel: flash the stock boot image matching your build number, flash the kernel zip, and reboot. I would also recommend dirty flashing the latest OOS zip as well.

If you are on a custom ROM:

If you are on the kernel that came with your ROM: flash the kernel zip and reboot
If you are on a custom kernel: dirty flash your ROM zip, flash the kernel zip, and reboot

Upgrading from one Flash version to the other:

Just flash the kernel zip and reboot

Changelog

First build!

GitHub serves as the ultimate changelog, links are at the bottom of this post

Frequently asked questions
1.1 Q: I am having an issue, can you help me?
1.1 A: I am not an amazing kernel developer but I will certainly try my best. First, start by reading the release posts, as I may make note of a particular issue. Also search the thread to see if I have discussed it before. If you see nothing, please provide me with a dmesg/last_kmsg and logcat, your ROM/kernel version, and a detailed description of the issue, following this guide. If I can't reproduce reliably, I'm not going to fix the issue.

1.2 Q: Can you add xyz feature?
1.2 A: If you link me the commits or tell me what kernel you had the feature in, I can take a look at them. I will not go digging super hard for commits and I will ignore requests that don't include this information. I won't promise that I will merge every request but I will always take it into consideration. I will NOT add the following:
  • Overclocking or underclocking of CPU or GPU
  • Undervolting
  • Any governors other than interactive
  • Any schedulers other than cfq and maple
  • Anything that compromises performance

1.3 Q: How do I control the kernel?
1.3 A: I'd recommend using either @flar2's EX Kernel Manager or @Yoinx's Kernel Adiutor-Mod; both are extremely solid and have given me no issues.

1.4 Q: OMFG MY BATTERY SUXXXX PLS FIX!!!
1.4 A: The kernel doesn't drain any battery, use an app like BetterBatteryStats to figure out what app is screwing with your phone.

1.5 Q: I am not getting notifications on OOS, what is the cause?
1.5 A: Disable advanced optimizations in Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > Three menu dots.

Thanks to:
The various other developers for their patches
@osm0sis for AnyKernel2
@adinkwok for being a bro
@Mazda for testing the build!
@phantom146 for the thread banner
All of you guys for viewing the thread

A note about donations

Quite a few people have asked to donate to me in the past and I have turned them down. I am not in this for the money, this is my hobby, something I truly enjoy. If you truly want to donate to something (it is not expected in the slightest), I recommend an entity like the Open Source Initiative, the Free Software Foundation, XDA, or any one of the people I have thanked in the OP. Additionally, you are free to copy any and all of my work; the only thing I request is that you not ask for donations as well (though I can't really enforce this lol). Thank you.

Kernel source links

8.0.0 (OxygenOS): https://github.com/nathanchance/op5/commits/8.0.0-oos

AnyKernel (8.0.0): https://github.com/nathanchance/AnyK...p5-flash-8.0.0

DISCLAIMER: I openly welcome off topic in my threads. Mods, please do not clean off topic discussion and users, do not complain about off topic discussion here. I may direct you to another thread if it is so suited but I won't have the discussion cleaned. Thank you.
FLASH KERNEL: PIXEL 2 | PIXEL 2 XL | ONEPLUS 5

HOW TO COMPILE A KERNEL | HOW TO UPSTREAM A KERNEL

RULES | MANTRA | STAFF LIST | NEED A MOD? | NEED TEN POSTS?

I DO NOT ANSWER TECHNICAL QUESTIONS VIA PM. YOU WILL BE IGNORED.
PLEASE QUOTE OR MENTION ME IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD FOR SUPPORT.

Última edición por Menn Día 22/01/18 a las 17:58:57.
Responder Con Cita

Respuesta

Estás aquí
Regresar   Portal | Indice > Foros OnePlus > Otros smartphones recientes de OnePlus > OnePlus 5T > ROMs y desarrollo OnePlus 5T

Hora actual: 19:27:33 (GMT +2)

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Contactar por correo / Contact by mail / 邮件联系 /