ROMs y desarrollo Asus Transformer Infinity ROMs y desarrollo Asus Transformer Infinity

Respuesta

Herramientas
Viejo 03/11/12, 01:22:44
Array

[xs_avatar]
Rickymax Rickymax no está en línea
Usuario muy activo
· Votos compra/venta: (19)

Fecha de registro: ene 2012
Modelo de smartphone: S24 Ultra 512gb
Tu operador: Lowi
[29/10]Data2SD -- I/O-Boost

Data2SD MOD: Moves /data partition to External SD, noticeable performance increase

All files attached are flashable .zips Installation instructions updated.
clemsyns cpu OC 1800 kernel is out! Good stuff!

Symlink added to /data2 (internal storage now found as /sdcardi)

You will need to disable journaling using the guide in post #3 if you are on CleanROM 2.1 to 2.3
as the rom does this as standard. If not you will get error!

I have had nothing to do with the development of this MOD, all credit goes to TweakerL

Also a huge thanks to scrosler for the fantastic CleanROM

Thanks to clemsyn for the amazing kernel!

Feel free to go to original thread and give your thanks: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1803252
and also to seek information, the thread is full of it.

What/Why/How?

This MOD was developed to aid the I/O-issues the Transformer Prime has and the Infinity inherited. Since it was a known fact that the internal
storage was slow/poor, TweakerL decided to try mounting the /data partition to the MicroSD card. Hence an obvious necessity
will be that you have a fast MicroSD card. Several have been tried and there is no real conclution as to what is the best in regards
to manufacturer or class (a class 6 card can have better random write speeds than a class 10 card), I use a Sandisk 64GB UHS-I
class 10 card and so does several others with good results.

The way this works is that you change the ramdisk so that it mounts /data to the second partition of your micro sd. Your internal
storage (the old /data partition) will be mounted as /data2.

Requirements

1. Unlocked and Rooted

2. You MUST repartition your Micro SD. The .zip you flash will mount /data to mmcblk1p2, which basically says "mount /data to the
second partition in the external SD." also, the ramdisk expects that partition to be ext4, so essentially:

Make sure you have an external SD with at least two partitions and that the second partition is formatted to ext4. I use fat32 on the first partition
because it's recognized by most devices.You will also need to make both partitions "primary" partitions. I personally use Gparted to repartition
my stuff, but feel free to use whatever you like. Even if you're on windows you can still use gparted by using virtualbox, or you can use a tool
called MiniTool Partition Wizard, I haven't tried it myself but it is reported to be good.

3. Research your Micro SD, find out if it has good random write speeds. There is no use in this mod if you card is slower than your internal
memory.

4. Although it's not a requirement it is a recommendation to have gone through the Nvflash procedure. It has saved alot of people from bricks
and is just great to have.

5. Verify that the .zip is compatible with your ROM, if it is not listed feel free to ask for a version for your preferred ROM.

Disclaimer

I take no responsibility for whatever happens to your device using this MOD, it is flashing a kernel so take precautions!

Installation

1. Boot to recovery, flash your preferred ROM

2. Reboot to initial setup (Don't run through)

3. Reboot to recovery, flash the matching Data2SD.zip

4. Disable journaling (Optional on all ROMs except CleanROM)

5. Reboot

When it reboots you will get a blue progress bar and it will be just as you flashed a new rom, you'll get the device setup screen.With my
MicroSD I get about twice the Random Write speed with this mod; Internal=0.20mb/s External=0.40mb/s . We will have a look at doubling
these figures further down (I currently have Random write speed average of 0.8mb/s).

Reverting

Flash a ROM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1943896
Responder Con Cita

Viejo 03/11/12, 01:24:41
Array

[xs_avatar]
Rickymax Rickymax no está en línea
Usuario muy activo
· Votos compra/venta: (19)

Fecha de registro: ene 2012
Modelo de smartphone: S24 Ultra 512gb
Tu operador: Lowi
Basicamente lo que hace es pasar el sistema a una tarjeta SD. Se recomienda que sea de clase 10, para que asi tenga la maxima velocidad de lectura y escritura (mucha mas que la memoria interna de la tableta)

Ahi dentro estan los pasos a seguir. Yo aun no he podido hacerlo, ya que estoy de Erasmus y no tengo nada cerca para comprar una.

Si alguien se anima a hacerlo y quiere dejar los pasos en español lo añadire al post! De todas formas es sencillo
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Estás aquí
Regresar   Portal | Indice > Foro Tablets / Laptops > Tablets ASUS > ASUS Transformer Infinity > ROMs y desarrollo Asus Transformer Infinity

Hora actual: 21:35:20 (GMT +2)

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Contactar por correo / Contact by mail / 邮件联系 /